Saturday, February 7

Emersyn Quinn

Here we go again! Many thanks to Erik for getting all of my pics uploaded. The next several posts will go back and forth without chronological order since I've barely posted since Christmas.

Of course, the biggest event as of late is the birth of our precious little baby girl, Emersyn Quinn. She's now a week old! Wow! We can't believe she's here, and at the same time we can barely remember life without her. I went to the hospital for my section early last Friday, January 30th; however, I think she was coming one way or the other. I'd been having random contractions for about two weeks. That morning they were much more consistent at about 8-9 minutes apart when we arrived and 2-3 minutes apart within about an hour. She arrived at 7:46am weighing 7lbs.12oz. and measuring 19.75 inches long. The funniest thing were the long fingernails that she had when she arrived. They were the first thing I noticed! She looks very similar to Brody but very different too. Her fingers are long and dainty, and she has the skinniest little legs. As the days have passed since her arrival, we've already seen her changing physically; however, one thing that hasn't changed is how much she loves to be held! She'll be screaming and once you pick her up and she's as calm as can be within seconds. Her eyes are very alert, and she recognizes the voices of her momma, dadda and big brother.



Speaking of which, Brody just loves his little sister! He's very curious about her. He runs to her pack-n-play anytime he hears noise from her direction. He says "baby sister" in the cutest little way, and he always wants to "see baby sister" and point out her hair, eyes, nose, etc. It's very cool to see the baby thru the eyes of a toddler.

No comments: