Thursday, May 31

houston

The Friday of Memorial Day weekend we packed up and headed over to Houston for a weekend with cousins.  It was lots of fun to have all of the kids together.  The purpose of the trip was for Erik to work his magic on the front flower bed, and I’d say it looks awesome (although I forgot to take a picture of it!).  And I remembered again why it’s so much fun to do things with family – one parent does one thing and the other does something else and the work is knocked out in half the time.  It’s great!  I think it might have something to do with that word “teamwork” that I’m always preaching about to my kids.  Saturday morning while the guys went landscape shopping, Hilary and I took the kids to the park.  It was a really nice park (recently remodeled) with baseball fields, basketball hoops, tennis courts, big playscape and a splashpad.  Brody was overwhelmed by all of these sporting activities in one spot!  I was a distance away from Emersyn when I took this picture, but she spotted me and gave a good smile!

DSC_3520

Matson was a sweet brother pushing his sister on the swing.

DSC_3521

Snacktime! 

DSC_3523

DSC_3527

We brought them to a fantastic playground, and they were happiest digging in this small patch of dirt they found!

DSC_3532

This is where the kids ate their meals.  We figured out last time that the living room coffee table makes the perfect bench at the Mama Gina (sp?).  Four kids across perfectly.  Hilary even has a picture with Layla sitting in the bumbo in the middle of all of the kids.  Before long she’ll be at the table too.  Can’t wait to see you guys again!  Thanks for all of the good food and good fun!DSC_3541

No comments: