Sunday, March 31

Easter

The afternoon of the day before Easter we received a handwritten invitation to an Easter egg hunt at Nick and Ellie's house.  We raced home from our T-ball game to play with all of the neighborhood friends.  I love our block!  We have such great friends.  We were late to the party so everyone that was already there elected to hunt eggs before we arrived, and then hide them and hunt them again when we made it.  I was enjoying watching the hiding, hunting and generosity of the kids that I didn't snap any pictures.  After hunting Emily brought out cupcakes to ice and decorate . . . secretly to the moms she noted that this was her way of cleaning out her baking supplies.  Ingenious!


Emersyn with the pink icing . . . well, of course she had the pink icing.  It's one of her favorite colors:  pink and purple

Nick was very intense in icing his cupcake.  He wanted to make sure every bit of it was well frosted.


My sweet boy gave me his cupcake when he was done. 

Sarah with a cupcake nose.

I thought of splitting this into multiple blog posts, but I'm afraid the same thing that happened to Thanksgiving and Christmas would happen to Easter.  Now you may be thinking "I never saw a Thanksgiving or Christmas post."  You would be correct!  I will continue on with the Easter posting . . . The scramble to find NINE bowls appropriate for Easter egg dying.  I never think it's going to be a challenge until I actually have to do it.  Sour cream tubs are the perfect size.  Note to self:  Save sour cream tubs next year.

In goes the vinegar and food coloring.  Fizz . . . .


A happy bunny and a sad puppy.

Intense work.  This is the first year that they've really worked hard on the eggs and been interested in the colors.


Whoa!  Look at that egg!  It was pure awe as the eggs turned color.

Then it was on to Easter morning.  The kids were hunting eggs with Mimi before Erik and I were even out of bed!  They had a ball finding treasures all around the house. 


The traditional before church "Happy Easter!" picture.
In Emersyn's words:
Emersyn:  Momma, have you seen the rock & the cave?
me:  What rock  & cave?
e:  When the girl rolled the rock away Jesus was gone!
me:  Where did He go?
e:  HE HAS RISEN!!  (with theatrical flair and arms raised high)

Happy Easter everyone!

No comments: