
Today we went to Stride Rite and picked up these spiffy new shoes for Brody. They look like tiny shoes next to Erik and mine; but, I think the saleslady silently gulped when she measured his foot . . . 6 1/2 . . . extra . . . wide! Where the heck did he get these feet! And how the heck are we going to find shoes for him! I knew he was eating a lot, but I had no idea that most of it was going into the width of his foot! I was quite impressed by the selection . . . do we go little kid style or little kid mimic-ing big kid style. We went for the latter, and he has some kicks that look just like something his dad would wear. I love them! And bless his little legs . . . they look like little stumps with these clunkers on the end of them. Just as he gets comfortable on his feet we add a new challenge. It looked like he was learning to walk all over again when he took his first steps at the shoe store. As with everything, I'm sure he'll adapt, and this will be old hat in no time at all.
As for a height/weight update. . . He had been eating like a horse and growing like a weed. No wonder we couldn't keep him in clothes over the past few months. He's grown two pounds and two inches in the past three months. Now he's 31.5" tall and 25lbs. You'd really think I'd be gaining some nice arm and back muscles, but . . . nothing! He practically skipped the 12 month size and headed straight to 18 months. This puts him right in the middle of the height/weight chart at 50-75% on height and weight and 75% on his head (it's been ahead of his body since day 1). And to us, it looks like the growth is going to continue. He's eating us out of house and home this weekend!
1 comment:
what a big boy! love the shoes and love the kiddo!
Post a Comment