
(blurry pic, but i couldn't resist. the expression is priceless!)
"Babba" is what Brody has been calling me for months as he hadn't quite gotten the "M" sound down yet. I must say I've become somewhat attached to that name although I didn't realize it until this week when he discovered the "M" sound. He and I were driving back from eating dinner with the girls, when he just started saying "momma. momma." I have to say that I'm a little sad to part with "babba." It was a really special name for me.
Let's see . . . what else is he doing . . . I have to write this down so that I have some way to track when he started doing what. He's started nodding his head for "yes." Of course he had "no" down long ago! He seems to really understand questions though, and gives pretty appropriate yes/no responses. He also likes to give Shady hugs which Shady responds to with lots of kisses . . . yuck . . . grosses me out! He loves to go outside and knows that word well. When we're outside he chases Shady around with a tennis ball and will try to put it in Shady's mouth to play. It's really cute to see how he's trying to share and play with Shady. He seems to have grown again since his doctor's appointment and can get the doorknob to cooperate with him about 10% of the time. Oh, no, lookout world again! And he loves to mimic EVERYTHING that Erik and I do. I think he's also starting to understand some matching as he'll sometimes show us two similar pictures and use the same word or sound to identify both. He loves music! Last night there was a guitar player at a church event, and he was mesmerized by it and started clapping when the music was done. Everyday there seems to be a new word or something new that he's doing. We continue to be amazed and baffled at the things he understands.
2 comments:
awe, how cute! i love knowing what he's up to! it reminds me of when reese learned those things and also what we have to look forward to with matson. please give him hugs and kisses from all of us!!
i'm sure he sends a head but (sp?) right back at you! . . . that's how he does his kisses most of the time although he's getting better at making a kissy noise w/ his mouth.
Post a Comment