Wednesday, December 22

Christmas Card



Last Friday as we were headed out the door to a Christmas party we found ourselves with about 15 extra minutes. Knowing that we were about to embark on IH35 at 6PM on a Friday night we could've used this time to get to the party early instead we decided to take a picture of Brody and Emersyn in front of the Christmas tree. Well, that's what I thought we were doing! It was my idea but by the time I made it to the study with the Christmas tree the tripod was set up and waiting for all of us to take a family picture. Yay! I love a good family picture, and we recently took one that I'll share in a later post, but this one has much more personality . . . Brody jumped up at the last minute having a little fun with the camera, and I think Shady's about to escape my arm's reach too. I'm sure he's wondering what the heck his family is doing because this is about the sixth time we've made him sit for the photo.

For those of you who have mailed us Christmas cards we thank you very much. We look forward to the daily receipt of everyone's cards. We walk to the mailbox and run home to tear them open in anticipation of the great pictures and messages we'll find inside. For the second year in a row I decided to lessen my holiday stress and not send cards. I suppose this will be the norm going forward. As for lessening my stress, I'm not sure how much it does. As each card comes in I feel a little more guilt about not sending cards myself, but here we are, and this is our card for you. It has been another wonderfully adventurous year in which we received many blessings. We try our hardest each year to receive our gifts with as much grace as we can, and we know we fail every day. We are blessed and thankful for our gifts, our presents, our friends, our family and the beautiful lives we've been given. Thank you to all who contribute to our daily blessings. We are so thankful for you! From our family to yours we wish you a Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow, I can see Erik's personality come through in Brody in this picture. I love the energy

gram said...

perfect Christmas card. I prefer to think of ecards as environmentally conscious! I do like getting them by post though.