Wednesday, February 20

Catching Up


Sorry it’s been so long since our last post. I know that some of you who don’t get to see Brody would like some new pictures! The past couple of weeks have been eventful and kept us off of the computer. On SuperBowl Sunday we had a church service at Kindred Oaks, a beautiful outdoor venue typically used for weddings. It was a great time with a cookout afterwards. We had about 50 people in attendance and everyone stayed to eat. This is a good thing because we could have fed about twice that many!! Of course we always have more food than we need. No one goes home hungry with us! Our friend Bevyn is very talented with the camera and snapped this great shot of Brody. I think it will end up framed on the wall as soon as I take time to order some pics.
Since then I’ve been down and out with a cold/flu/cedar/who knows! And Brody had his first ear infection. We felt so bad for him that he hurt but so fortunate that he didn’t get his first one until now. And this kid loves his medicine! A few days of medicine, and he’s back to himself . . . not that he was ever too grumpy when he was sick. He just took some extra long naps.
Fast forward to this past weekend . . . It was a busy one with lots of church stuff. Most notable is Saturday night. We went to a service at Celebration Church. It was very what Erik and I would call “evangelical.” Lots of music and lights. Brody just loved it! His reactions were a little delayed because everyone would clap or laugh. Then about 3 minutes later, after everyone had gotten quiet, he’d laugh or clap. It was fun for Erik and I to see his reactions, but he was getting a little distracting to others so I took him into the family room where he played with another little boy, Coit. At one point Coit handed Brody a book, and Brody said “Thank you!” I would’ve thought it was my own “mom” ears hearing it except that Coit’s dad told Coit to say “You’re welcome!” Brody doesn’t do these things on command, but I just love it when we catch these moments. It’s really cool when you see that he “gets” it.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

what an awesome picture!! He looks like so serious...just like his bff Nick ;) He is like a baby GQ.

jessica said...

we definitely think he could win a cutest baby contest . . . but we might be a little biased :)